We are seeking a detail-oriented professional, who can work cross-functionally, to ensure our Marketing, Product, and Content teams operate efficiently. This is a vital position, directly supporting the delivery of our primary product and fueling our growth objectives through multi-faceted executive support and project management.
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, your contributions will be critical to the day-to-day operations of the entire department ensuring mission-critical projects get delivered on-time and on-budget. Success will be dependent on the ability to meticulously manage the details of multiple projects, workflows, and schedules.
This is a newly created role with opportunity to expand in scope. C12 supports situationally accommodating working arrangements. The position is based at C12HQ in San Antonio, TX, with an anticipated travel requirement of 5%-10%.
Outcomes and Activities:
- Lead the project management efforts for our marketing, product, and content portfolios including identifying project goals, scope, deliverables, budgets, resource allocations, timelines, milestones, and associated tasks required to complete those deliverables.
- Build and manage master project plans adjusting tasks, schedules, budgets, and targets as needed.
- Identify, document, and communicate project issues and risks in a timely manner.
- Lead the mitigation and issue resolution/remediation process for managed projects.
- Review daily work, and traffic, for the marketing department, adjusting workflows and schedules to ensure that top priorities receive an appropriate level of focus and subsequent implementation.
- Provide high-level executive support to the Vice President of Marketing by managing time-critical, sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Identify departmental priorities, strategically align his/her time with those concerns and revisit them regularly to assess progress.
- Oversee the cadence of and facilitate departmental meetings, including planning, agenda curation, site selection, and vendor management (as necessary).
- Conserve departmental leadership’s efficiency by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; maintaining appointment calendars; scheduling ad-hoc meetings, travel, and teleconferences as necessary.
- Submit expenses for the marketing department and assist in tracking them for budget reconciliation.
- Communicate with executives, vendors, key stakeholders, and project resources to ensure alignment, allocate resources, and deliver project on-time.
- Support the building, production, and distribution of the Marketing Team’s recurring and ad hoc reports and dashboards.
- Identify operational and structural weaknesses and help improve existing or develop new processes to keep the teams as efficient as possible.
- Complete department projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate will bring an aptitude to manage simultaneous projects in various formats, and the ability to coordinate projects alongside a team of creative peers, contractors, and vendors. Additionally, they would possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Project Management, Communications, Business, Event Planning, or a related field of study.
- 1-3+ years of project management or executive administration experience, including leading complex cross-functional projects from inception to completion.
- Demonstrated aptitude in decision-making with a highly analytical approach to problem-solving and contingency planning.
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills with a demonstrated ability to negotiate, consult, and collaborate across an organization to build sustainable and productive partnerships.
- Adaptable and able to shift as priorities change; equally comfortable navigating in undefined spaces with the ability to create clarity and meaningful results.
- An inquisitive and innovative mind who’s always looking to experiment, optimize processes, and increase efficiency.
- A strong desire to “live in the details” all day every day.
- Proficiency in productivity software such as Microsoft Office or Google Workspace.
- 3+ years of progressive experience supporting marketing, product, content, or technology organizations.
- Experience simultaneously managing the end-to-end creation, implementation, delivery, and reporting of multiple integrated marketing campaigns.
- Experience working in marketing automation systems or with email service providers, such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Active Campaign, Pardot, Marketo, Hubspot, Eloqua, Mail Chimp, etc., to create HTML emails, web forms, or landing pages.
- A life-long learner who loves to stay current with cutting-edge strategies, tactics, and methodologies within the disciplines of; lead generation, personalization, marketing, customer relationship management, email marketing, customer experience, social media advertising, content marketing, UX/UI, Conversion Rate Optimization, or analytics.
- Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) or 2+ years equivalent professional meeting or event planning experience.
- PMP certification
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt or higher
Founded in 1992, C12 operates Business Forums around the globe for Christian CEOs, Key Players, and business leaders. Structured as a franchisor, we support more than 160 full-time Chairs who operate hundreds of Forums representing 3,400+ dues-paying members. Our HQ team provides systems, tools, curriculum, group formats, marketing, training, accountability, and execution support for the Chairs and Members.
C12 members participate in monthly meetings with peers for leadership development, accountability, wise counsel, and best practices to lead Businesses as a Ministry (BaaM). The content we provide equips them to achieve measurable results in the five core areas of business: organizational development, operations, financial management, revenue generation, and ministry, all anchored around a Christ-honoring cultural paradigm (mission/vision/values).
Currently operating in 38 US states, over 120 US metropolitan areas as well as markets in SE Asia and Brazil, C12 has a 2025 vision plan to increase membership to over 5,000, Chair community to over 250 while adding 25 new US markets and multiple non-US market launches. The scaling of the C12 mission towards the near and long term vision requires incredibly talented and committed team members bringing a full “5C” (character, competency, calling, contribution and chemistry) readiness to be part of this endeavor.
We exist to equip Christian CEOs and owners to build great businesses for a greater purpose.
To change the world by advancing the gospel in the marketplace.
Our mission compels us to do all things in a replicating way where we are fostering disciple-making disciples of Jesus in the marketplace. Our core values shape how we behave and go about fulfilling our mission and the accountability parameters around innovation and execution.
- Results Matter: God measures results, and so should we.
- Gratitude: We embrace our calling in light of God’s grace with thanksgiving.
- Pressing On: We operate with a zeal for God’s best in all things, never settling, coasting, or quitting.
- Camaraderie: We joyfully serve as a cadre, embracing God’s call to unity in Christ.
- Humility: We desire God’s best and are always open to learning and correction.
- Bema Mindset: We operate as stewards with eternal accountability in everything.
Additionally, within C12HQ, we embody the pursuit of Buffalo Culture, which undergirds C12’s core values and mission. You can read more about the “culture code” at www.BuffaloCulture.com.
Key Intangible Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate
Called: A passion for our mission and a sense that this role and company are a strong fit for the gifts, talents, passions, and experiences with which God has entrusted this person. Must be mission-motivated with a resolve to overcome obstacles, anchored in a sense of purpose in this work.
Servant Leadership: Nobody is above any task, and we are all here to serve others. Every customer—internal or external—needs help, and the most powerful way to lead will be to serve.
Learning and Adaptive: As a small business with a big mission scaling rapidly, new systems, technology, and situational adaptability are typical and expected. This person must have an appetite for learning and skill improvement.
Grit, Determination, & Resourcefulness: Not everything will have a pre-planned solution. This person will have to be resourceful in figuring things out, resist feeling overwhelmed, and be willing to roll up their sleeves to make things happen. This person will have to have an open mind and good resolve, whether it’s looping in other people, finding tools online, or seeking best practices.
Organizational Skills: We serve a God of order and creativity but live in a world of chaos and confusion. This person gets to help bring the Kingdom of God to the office by being a constant organizational force. It will require a capacity for seeing patterns, discerning better processes, and prioritizing and systemizing for improved outcomes.
Chemistry Fit: We have a unique and fun culture—we laugh, tease in love, press in, work hard, and jump in to figure things out. Fitting into the team chemistry is essential, particularly on a lean team!
High Character: We operate with a high trust culture. Personal values must fuel our work. Integrity, honesty, compassion, reconciliation, and diligence are all things this person must possess to flourish.
Energy & Enthusiasm: This person must bring joy and passion for work to the job. Encouraging and spurring on others on the mission while being self-motivated and positive is essential.
Multitasking: This is not a steady-state or static environment. Workflow will cycle, and interruptions are normal, so this person must be able to juggle and adjust on the fly.
Project Management: While multitasking, this person must be able to keep an eye on deadlines and critical dependencies, working to preserve them or source support proactively.
Our People Strategy
We are in the people business! While we can never reach a perfect organizational model, we can strive towards it in our daily efforts and mission. With that vision comes a focus on key initiatives, listed here with the indicators of success.
Shared Direction: A collective understanding of what the organization stands for, where it is going, and how we will get there. Indicators: a clear, inspiring vision, well-executed strategies, and aligned goals.
Authentic Values: Deeply held principles guiding all decisions and relationships and reflected in the conduct of everyone at all times. Indicators: high levels of trust and communications, uncompromising integrity and ethics, socially responsible practices.
Productive Relationships: Open, collaborative relationships that recognize and honor the commitments that people make to themselves, each other, their work, and the organization.
Indicators: respect for all individuals, effective problem solving and decision-making, transparent accountability, effective teamwork at all levels.
Liberating Processes: Flexible structures, processes, and technologies that allow people to do their best work and collaborate effectively across boundaries. Indicators: clear organizational design, collective knowledge, the right tools and technologies, and the right people performing the right jobs.
Outcome Learning: Results-focused learning that strengthens individual and organizational capacity to cope with the present and define the future. Indicators: continuous teaching and learning, knowledge and skills development, leadership development at all levels.
Motivating Metrics: Fair, meaningful performance requirements that measure, reinforce, and reward high performance and manage poor performance. Indicators: clear and energizing performance requirements, relevant work measures, differentiating rewards.