Marketing Manager, C12 Brands
We are seeking an innovative marketer who can lead the strategy, planning, execution, and performance measurement of marketing initiatives for the C12 brand. This is a strategic position, focused on increasing awareness of the C12 brand, ensuring exceptional experiences across all brand touchpoints, and fueling the Company’s growth objectives. Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, you will take the lead in turning strategy into impactful, customer-centric marketing programs.
C12 supports situationally accommodating working arrangements. The position is based at C12HQ in San Antonio, TX, with an anticipated travel requirement of 5%-10%. Consideration of a remote arrangement is dependent on candidate’s experience and fit.
This is a newly created role with opportunity to expand in scope.
Outcomes and Activities:
- Lead and execute marketing initiatives for the C12 Brand, biennial CURRENT Leadership Conference, C12 On-Demand, and C12 store by determining strategies, tactics, channels, and platforms as well as monitoring campaign performance.
- Drive demand for C12 content, membership, and leadership opportunities.
- Rebuild and then lead the C12 Brand Ambassador Program.
- Execute event marketing campaigns to drive brand awareness and engagement before, during, and after sponsored events.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to establish positioning, enhance prospect/customer journey experiences, and identify traffic driving opportunities.
- Lead the creation of marketing collateral to support marketing campaigns including web pages, digital advertising, email marketing, videos, podcasts, social media posts, articles, presentations, sales tools, flyers, direct mail pieces, and new product promotions, etc.
- Execute Email, SMS, and Social Media marketing campaigns.
- Establish and track KPIs, measuring effectiveness to optimize future investment.
- Select, onboard, and manage contractors and vendors, as necessary.
- Provide marketing support for initiatives with our Strategic Alliance Partners and Vendors.
- Completes departmental projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate will bring an aptitude to manage simultaneous creative projects in various formats, and the ability to coordinate projects alongside a team of creative peers, contractors, and vendors. Additionally, they would possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Business, Philosophy, or a related field of study.
- 3+ years of progressive experience in growth marketing or customer acquisition.
- Demonstrated ability to research, understand, and identify the needs and interests of customers.
- Experience leveraging customer insights to drive campaign strategy and personalize consumer-facing messaging.
- Highly analytical approach to problem solving; adept at modeling campaign budgets, ROI scenarios, customer profiles, and customer journeys.
- An innovative mind who’s always looking to experiment, optimize processes, and increase efficiency.
- Strong decision-making skills and ability to negotiate, consult and collaborate with internal stakeholders and external vendors to launch new initiatives.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts visually or verbally to colleagues with varying degrees of analytical knowledge and understanding.
- Experience working in marketing automation systems or with email service providers, such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Active Campaign, Pardot, Marketo, Hubspot, Eloqua, Mail Chimp, etc., to create HTML emails, web forms, or landing pages.
- Proficiency in productivity software such as Microsoft Office or Google Workspace.
- Direct experience in digital advertising, lead generation, lead nurturing, content marketing, email marketing, SEO, and Google Analytics.
- Experience simultaneously managing the end-to-end creation, implementation, delivery, and reporting of multiple integrated marketing campaigns.
- Experience designing web pages and/or working in CMS website platforms, such as WordPress.
- A life-long learner who loves to stay current with cutting-edge strategies, tactics, and methodologies within the disciplines of; lead generation, personalization, marketing, customer relationship management, email marketing, customer experience, social media advertising, content marketing, UX/UI, Conversion Rate Optimization, or analytics
Founded in 1992, C12 operates Business Forums around the globe for Christian CEOs, Key Players, and business leaders. Structured as a franchisor, we support more than 160 full-time Chairs who operate hundreds of Forums representing 3,400+ dues-paying members. Our HQ team provides systems, tools, curriculum, group formats, marketing, training, accountability, and execution support for the Chairs and Members.
C12 members participate in monthly meetings with peers for leadership development, accountability, wise counsel, and best practices to lead Businesses as a Ministry (BaaM). The content we provide equips them to achieve measurable results in the five core areas of business: organizational development, operations, financial management, revenue generation, and ministry, all anchored around a Christ-honoring cultural paradigm (mission/vision/values).
Currently operating in 38 US states, over 120 US metropolitan areas as well as markets in SE Asia and Brazil, C12 has a 2025 vision plan to increase membership to over 5,000, Chair community to over 250 while adding 25 new US markets and multiple non-US market launches. The scaling of the C12 mission towards the near and long term vision requires incredibly talented and committed team members bringing a full “5C” (character, competency, calling, contribution and chemistry) readiness to be part of this endeavor.
We exist to equip Christian CEOs and owners to build great businesses for a greater purpose.
To change the world by advancing the gospel in the marketplace.
Our mission compels us to do all things in a replicating way where we are fostering disciple-making disciples of Jesus in the marketplace. Our core values shape how we behave and go about fulfilling our mission and the accountability parameters around innovation and execution.
- Results Matter: God measures results, and so should we.
- Gratitude: We embrace our calling in light of God’s grace with thanksgiving.
- Pressing On: We operate with a zeal for God’s best in all things, never settling, coasting, or quitting.
- Camaraderie: We joyfully serve as a cadre, embracing God’s call to unity in Christ.
- Humility: We desire God’s best and are always open to learning and correction.
- Bema Mindset: We operate as stewards with eternal accountability in everything.
Additionally, within C12HQ, we embody the pursuit of Buffalo Culture, which undergirds C12’s core values and mission. You can read more about the “culture code” at www.BuffaloCulture.com.
Key Intangible Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate
Called: A passion for our mission and a sense that this role and company are a strong fit for the gifts, talents, passions, and experiences with which God has entrusted this person. Must be mission-motivated with a resolve to overcome obstacles, anchored in a sense of purpose in this work.
Servant Leadership: Nobody is above any task, and we are all here to serve others. Every customer—internal or external—needs help, and the most powerful way to lead will be to serve.
Learning and Adaptive: As a small business with a big mission scaling rapidly, new systems, technology, and situational adaptability are typical and expected. This person must have an appetite for learning and skill improvement.
Grit, Determination, & Resourcefulness: Not everything will have a pre-planned solution. This person will have to be resourceful in figuring things out, resist feeling overwhelmed, and be willing to roll up their sleeves to make things happen. This person will have to have an open mind and good resolve, whether it’s looping in other people, finding tools online, or seeking best practices.
Organizational Skills: We serve a God of order and creativity but live in a world of chaos and confusion. This person gets to help bring the Kingdom of God to the office by being a constant organizational force. It will require a capacity for seeing patterns, discerning better processes, and prioritizing and systemizing for improved outcomes.
Chemistry Fit: We have a unique and fun culture—we laugh, tease in love, press in, work hard, and jump in to figure things out. Fitting into the team chemistry is essential, particularly on a lean team!
High Character: We operate with a high trust culture. Personal values must fuel our work. Integrity, honesty, compassion, reconciliation, and diligence are all things this person must possess to flourish.
Energy & Enthusiasm: This person must bring joy and passion for work to the job. Encouraging and spurring on others on the mission while being self-motivated and positive is essential.
Multitasking: This is not a steady-state or static environment. Workflow will cycle, and interruptions are normal, so this person must be able to juggle and adjust on the fly.
Project Management: While multitasking, this person must be able to keep an eye on deadlines and critical dependencies, working to preserve them or source support proactively.
Our People Strategy
We are in the people business! While we can never reach a perfect organizational model, we can strive towards it in our daily efforts and mission. With that vision comes a focus on key initiatives, listed here with the indicators of success.
Shared Direction: A collective understanding of what the organization stands for, where it is going, and how we will get there. Indicators: a clear, inspiring vision, well-executed strategies, and aligned goals.
Authentic Values: Deeply held principles guiding all decisions and relationships and reflected in the conduct of everyone at all times. Indicators: high levels of trust and communications, uncompromising integrity and ethics, socially responsible practices.
Productive Relationships: Open, collaborative relationships that recognize and honor the commitments that people make to themselves, each other, their work, and the organization.
Indicators: respect for all individuals, effective problem solving and decision-making, transparent accountability, effective teamwork at all levels.
Liberating Processes: Flexible structures, processes, and technologies that allow people to do their best work and collaborate effectively across boundaries. Indicators: clear organizational design, collective knowledge, the right tools and technologies, and the right people performing the right jobs.
Outcome Learning: Results-focused learning that strengthens individual and organizational capacity to cope with the present and define the future. Indicators: continuous teaching and learning, knowledge and skills development, leadership development at all levels.
Motivating Metrics: Fair, meaningful performance requirements that measure, reinforce, and reward high performance and manage poor performance. Indicators: clear and energizing performance requirements, relevant work measures, differentiating rewards.